Brief Description of Hotel:
Nestled in the clifftop location on the Durham Coast, the Georgian country house hotel is rich in heritage , contemporary in style and has been named one of the best places to stay in the North East. Also home to the award-winning Serenity Spa.
Rooms and Facilities:
• Junior Suites: each room features an enormous king size bed, lounge area, sink-in sofas and large flat screen TV, plus many more
• Executive Suites: All the facilities as with the Junior Suites but with amazing views of the surrounding grounds and gardens
• Garden Suite with Hot Tub: These spacious suites have their own separate gardens including outdoor hot tub
• Garden Suite with wood fired Hot Tub: Bright, bold interiors, large seating area with dining table. Own private garden complete with Scandinavian wood-fired hot tub.
• The Penthouse: The largest room, featuring separate lounge area, study and guest bathroom.
• Serenity Spa: Drawing influence from Far Eastern healing and wellness rituals. Award-winning facilities and holistic treatments, designed to achieve a sense of harmony.
• The Dining Room: Head chef Damian Broom serves dishes inspired by the rugged North Sea and Durham countryside
• Ozone Restaurant: Pan-Asian where you can sample warm curries, vibrant stir-fries and tempting tapas
• Durham Cathedral, adjacent to Durham Castle – together forming a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Seaham Beach 10 minute walk away
• Explore 2000 hectares of woodland at Hamsterley Forest
• The Bowes Museum – housing an impressive collection of fine and decorative arts.
How to get there:
• Driving: approximately 4 half hours’ drive from London
• Train: Seaham, approximately 1.4 miles